HEARTBURN, INDIGESTION AND SYMPTOMS
Indigestion is often a sign of an underlying problem, such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), ulcers, or gallbladder disease, rather than a condition of its own. Any treatment you get will depend on what the cause is.
SYMPTOMS YOU MIGHT HAVE
- Belching and gas
- Nausea and vomiting
- An acidic taste in your mouth
- Fullness during or after a meal
- Growling stomach
- Burning in your stomach or upper belly
- Belly pain
CAUSES MAY BE THE RESULT FOR THE BELOW CONDITIONS:
- Aspirin and many other pain relievers
- Estrogen and birth control pills
- Steroid medications
- Some antibiotics
- Thyroid medicines
- Stomach cancer. This is rare.
- Stomach infections
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Pancreatitis, an inflamed pancreas
- Thyroid disease
- Gastroparesis, a condition where the stomach doesn’t empty properly. It often happens to people with diabetes.
- Eating too much, too fast, or when you’re stressed. High-fat foods can also add to the problem.
- Drinking too much alcohol
- Stress and fatigue